StarTech.com PCI Express Serial Card - 2 port - Dual Channel 16C1050 UART - Serial Port PCIe Card - Serial Expansion Card
This PCI Express serial card adds two high-performance RS232 serial ports to your desktop computer or server, for connecting your serial-based devices and equipment.
Convenient system upgrades through PCIe
The PCIe serial card can be installed into an available PCI Express slot, to provide two high-performance 16C1050 RS232 serial UART channels/ports. It offers a convenient solution for connecting modern or legacy equipment to newer computer systems that don't have RS232 ports. The serial card is compliant with PCI Express 1.0a specification, and it's compatible with 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x PCI Express slots.
The 2-port PCIe serial card is ideal for system upgrades in a wide range of applications including manufacturing equipment, POS equipment, security devices such as surveillance cameras, card readers or access panels, and environment or building control systems.
High-performance serial communication
The PCIe serial card delivers high-performance serial communication, with support for data transfer rates of up to 460Kbps. The serial card provides CPU load decrease which helps ensure optimal system performance and prevent errors such as overruns by preserving resources. In addition, the dual-channel UART ensures smooth performance, even while both ports are in use.
The serial card is easy to install and configure, with support for a broad range of Windows® operating systems. Plus, the card features IRQ sharing and supports plug-and-play serial device connections, guaranteeing convenient, hassle-free installation. It comes with a standard-profile bracket installed, and also includes an optional low-profile bracket.
The PEX2S1050 is backed by a 2-year lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Dual-channel 16C1050 UART for full compatibility with 16C1050 devices
- Maximum data transfer rate of 460Kbps
- Compliant with PCI Express 1.0a specification, compatible with 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x PCIe bus
- 256-Byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- In-band software flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Out-of-band hardware flow control using RTS / CTS
- Support for 5,6,7 or 8 data bits
- Standard profile bracket installed, optional dual low-profile brackets included